15th European Dependable Computing Conference
17-20 September 2019
Call for Papers
The European Dependable Computing Conference is a unique forum for researchers and practitioners to present and discuss their latest research results on theory, techniques, systems, and tools for the design, validation, operation and evaluation of dependable and secure computing systems.
In addition to original papers on research, EDCC welcomes papers dedicated to dependability in practice: industrial applications, experience in introducing dependability in industry, use of new or mature dependability approaches to new challenging problems or domains, etc. It will also provide a natural meeting place for the large number of projects in dependability and resilience, to present their state of advancement and innovative results.
The conference will cover a broad perspective on dependability and security, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Hardware and software architecture of dependable systems;
- Model-driven engineering approaches;
- Fault-tolerant networks, protocols and systems;
- Time-sensitive networks and ultra-reliable low-latency communication;
- Dependability modelling and tools;
- Testing and validation methods;
- Dependability and security of
- Critical infrastructures, e.g. smart energy grids, intelligent transportation systems, smart cities;
- Cyber-physical systems
- (industrial) Internet of Things;
- Cloud, fog, and edge computing systems;
- Data analytics applications & systems based on machine learning and artificial intelligence;
- Databases and distributed ledgers (incl. blockchains);
- Data protection and data privacy
|Full Paper Submission:|
|Author Notification:||May 29th, 2019|
|Camera Ready:||July 3rd, 2019|
The conference is inviting submissions to its different tracks in the following categories:
- Regular papers (up to 8 pages) solicited on theory, techniques, systems, and tools for the design, validation, operation and evaluation of dependable and secure computing systems, covering any fault model, from traditional hardware and software faults to accidental and malicious human interactions.
- Practical experience reports (up to 6 pages) dedicated to dependability in practice: industrial applications, experience in introducing dependability in industry, use of new or mature dependability approaches to new challenging problems or domains, etc.
- Short papers (3-4 pages) describing preliminary research work (position papers) or a prototype/tool description, outlining the design or implementation of a software tool, or the prototyping of an operational system.
All submissions must be made electronically through the EasyChair submission web page, and should clearly indicate in which category the paper is being submitted. Detailed indications about the paper format are provided in the paper submission page.
The conference proceedings will be published by IEEE Conference Publishing Services (CPS), and will be available at ieeeXplore.
Best Paper Award
Submissions will be judged on originality, significance, correctness and impact. Three distinguished papers will be selected among accepted papers and presented in a dedicated session of the conference program. Full research papers and practical experience reports are eligible for the distinction.