16th European Dependable Computing Conference
7-10 September 2020
The goal of the Fast Abstracts track is to bring together researchers and practitioners working on dependable computing to discuss work in progress or opinion pieces. Contributions are welcome from academia and industry.
Fast Abstracts aim to serve as a rapid and flexible mechanism to:
- Report on current work that may or may not be complete
- Introduce new ideas to the community
- State positions on controversial issues or open problems
- Share lessons learnt from real-word dependability engineering
Aligned with EDCC-2020 Research Track, major topics include, but are not limited to:
- Hardware and software architectures of dependable systems;
- Model-driven engineering approaches;
- Fault-tolerant networks & ultra-reliable low-latency communication;
- Dependability modelling and tools;
- Testing and validation methods;
- Development of safety and security-critical systems;
- Dependability and security of
- Critical infrastructures, e.g. smart energy grids, intelligent transportation systems, smart cities;
- Cyber-physical systems;
- (Industrial) Internet of Things;
- Cloud, fog, and edge computing systems;
- Data analytics applications & systems based on machine learning and artificial intelligence;
- Databases and distributed ledgers (incl. Blockchains)
- Artificial intelligence approaches
- Data protection and data privacy
Fast Abstracts will be lightly screened. The criteria for acceptance will be: i) relevance to the EDCC community, ii) quality and clarity of the written presentation and iii) arrival time. Therefore, authors are encouraged to send their submission well in advance before the final deadline. We will accept as many Fast Abstracts as possible, but the number is limited by the available presentation time at the conference. By submitting a Fast Abstract, you are committing yourself or one of your colleagues to present it at the conference.
Fast Abstracts must be written in English and must be limited to 2 pages (following the CPS 8.5"x11" two-column camera-ready format, ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates).
Submissions (in PDF format) must be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a pdf document and start the mail subject by "[EDCC-FA-2020]".
Accepted papers will be published on arxiv.org, a free open-access publication service.
Instructions regarding the procedure will be sent to authors of accepted papers in due time.
|Submission Deadline:                  ||July 15th, 2020|
|Author notification:||August 14th, 2020|
|Camera Ready:||August 21st, 2020|
Fast Abstracts Committee Members
To be announced